EcoMESH® is a unique mesh and water spray system that improves the performance of Air Cooled Chillers, Dry Coolers and Refrigeration plant whilst reducing energy consumption by 30 – 40%. EcoMESH® has been fitted to units worldwide where its patented water spray technology has helped companies to reduce their energy intensity without having to resort to significant capital expenditure. What’s more, once fitted, it is virtually maintenance free.
EcoMESH® is based on proven principles that have been known for millennia. The use of water and airflow to cool has been used by ancient Chinese, Roman and Persian societies. Many Australians are familiar with the widespread use of evaporative air conditioning in homes, where air is drawn through a water-soaked pad to reduce the temperature. EcoMESH® simply uses water to reduce the temperature of the air before it is drawn into the heat rejection coil of an air conditioner, and in so doing reduces the duty that the air conditioning system is subjected to. Lower temperature at input means lower energy costs converting the air to the required temperature! This simple principle is called adiabatic cooling.
Why would you choose to install EcoMESH®?
- Reduces your costs: The installation of EcoMESH®can reduce electrical running costs by 30 – 40% on hot days.
- Safe and miserly water use: Though it increases your water usage, water consumption is minimised as the spray is intermittent and only activated when required, hence it consumes up to 79% less water than any other wet system. With no reservoir and large droplet size, there is no chemical treatment required and no health risks.
- Quick payback: A typical payback period from installation of an EcoMESH® system is 21 weeks – around two cooling seasons.
- Increased reliability: EcoMESH® extends the life and reliability of your compressor by reducing the amount of work it needs to do, and by providing shade to the heat rejection coil and protection from snow and dust storms.
- Extends Capacity: EcoMESH® extends the capacity of your existing air conditioning system by reducing the amount of work it needs to do. This can leave more headroom for coping with extreme temperature events and avoid downtime during heatwaves. EcoMESH® is the most effective retrofit product available to prevent annoying head pressure trip outs.
- Reduces maintenance: EcoMESH® protects the external parts of your air conditioning system and allows it to work less hard, all of which means less maintenance. When installed correctly to include an in-line water filter, the EcoMESH® itself is virtually maintenance-free, with no need for replacement nozzles or meshes. We recommend seasonal maintenance to clean the meshes and coils and drain water from the system.
EcoMESH® can be retrofitted to any make and size of air conditioning and refrigeration unit, (mini-split, air-cooled chiller, rooftop unit) without affecting the warranty. Unlike evaporative pads, there is negligible pressure drop, and so existing fans can continue to be used. Follow this link to see How It Works.
Be sure to check out our Case Studies.
SBH Solutions specialise in efficient heating of all sizes of containers, processes and open spaces.
SBH Solutions offers various types of options transport and storage of semi-bulk liquid or dry goods.
Ecocooling highlights the options available to our customers to use nature to reduce energy consumption.
WE SPECIALISE IN
energy and resource efficiency
SBH Solutions is an Australian company that started out as a specialist in finding economical solutions for semi-bulk handling, both in storage and transportation situations. Over time the focus has broadened to include other areas where economical solutions can be applied to the benefit of our customers’ bottom-line profit.
Address: 3 Ballantyne Street, Magill
South Australia 5072
Postal: PO Box 169, Glenside
South Australia 5065
T: +618 7122 1114
E: [email protected]